Friday, September 26, 2014

Filet Embroidery Block Bag

Remember this picture? 
First off this piece is Embroidered Filet, nays left me a comment and is absolutely correct. I have always wondered what type of lace the background table cloth piece to my blog was called. No one has been able to tell me until now. What it is in French, I have no idea.  Thanks nays!

Remember this picture? 


For the picture I pulled out all of the things from my stash I thought I might be able to use to make a bag. 

The only damaged part to the filet block was that one of the threads had broken near the center. It was an easy repair. 

Here is what I made with that block.  Here is the front of the bag:
After completing the bag, It was missing something. It needed Bling! The little metal studs adds a nice subtle bling to the bag.

The back was left simple and uses on of the pockets off of the back of the jeans. The vintage lace, out of my stash, just felt like it did all the talking and did not want anything else competing with it. 

Honestly, I tried out so many things out of the box in the top right of the second picture. Nothing worked and I kept going back to leaving it plain. Of course, not quite plain, a tiny bit of bling was added on the pocket corners.

For the inside, a zipper was added to the top, about 1 inch down to hold everything in the bag.
Unzipping the top zipper, inside is a linen blend fabric lining with a pocket and pen holder on one side and a zippered compartment on the other.  
For the handle, the waist band was used, stabilized on the inside using the blue webbing shown in the second picture above. Lastly, a belt loop was used to hold the hardware
It's a fun bag.

This week I am linking up with Shabby Art Boutique for Shabbilicious Friday Link Party

2 comments:

  1. Great job and a lovely bag, thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your creative abilities are amazing.

    You are right, it is a fun bag. Thank you for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete